Tuesday, September 17, 2013

DECLARATION OF LEARNING INDEPENDENCE

With all the stresses of senior year and AP Classes and scholarships and the list goes on, it is difficult to take a step back and say why am I doing all of this? What is the point? But looking at the big picture is key. There is no point wasting time on things that are meaningless to you. Time is not infinite, so make yours count. I have decided I am doing all of this ("this" meaning taking the challenging college bound path) because I want to rise to my full potential and help make a positive change in the world, to be credible to do these things a college degree is necessary. At this time next year I want to be entering UCSB as a freshman biopsychology major and this open source learning experience will guide me there. With the freedom to take charge of my learning experience I will stop taking my education lightly. I now can use school not just as a grade to get me into college, but as a tool to pursue my curiosities.

No comments:

Post a Comment