Thursday, September 26, 2013

CHARACTER STUDY (III)

They were all standing there waiting in front of the airport. I guess my nerves had slowed me down more than I had thought. Their anxious smiles comforted me as we lugged all of our bags through lines after line. Bailey and Annette were off analyzing brochures, while Hannah and Meghan discussed every daydream-like scenario that could take place on our journey. Half of my mind was in the conversation and the other half was remembering our parents' compromise to allow us to go on the trip. They hired us bodyguards to accompany us on our trip to soothe their paranoid minds. It was just like them to be so concerned with our wellbeing, as if we were kindergarteners walking alone to school for the first time. But parents will be parents, and we decided having a few strong guys around wouldn't be too bad. As we made our way through the maze, that is the airport, we kept an eye out for our three protectors. We knew them when we saw them. The three hulking men that stood like towers over the rest of us. We timidly motioned them over and introduced ourselves to the giants. There we had it our group, together at last. We definitely were a strange mix, but when you're headed on a foreign adventure isn't every thing a little strange. I reassured myself with this notion and boarded the plane.

No comments:

Post a Comment