Tuesday, September 24, 2013

CANTERBURY TALES (I)

At first I didn't understand that this was only a prologue, so I thought that these mini introductions were the actual stories. Yes, this was a big mistake and the overall poem makes much more sense now that that is cleared up. I noticed irony in each of the characters descriptions, which purpose was revealed to me in class today. I also, wondered if Chaucer chose any specific or meaningful order to list these characters in? By social status or importance or just at random? I like the way Chaucer writes, the short lines and rhymes make it easier to ready at a steady pace. Overall, I enjoyed Chaucer's text so far and am most excited to read about the knight, because they are held to such high standards it will be interesting to see their hidden flaws.

No comments:

Post a Comment