Friday, November 22, 2013

The Allegory of the Cave Sonnet

Blurred shadows, muffled echoes
Shackles and chains hold them down
Sights and sounds their only Truth
Prisoners to a dark world underground

The cave is escapable
The chains can be snapped
They can learn a new reality
Fear and ignorance keep them trapped

An enlightened few rise above
At first blinded by the light
They are unaccustomed to this Reality
In awe if a new world so bright

Once accepting of the sun
Which put to shame his native thoughts
He descends back to teach the others
But more shadows and echoes was all he taught

The line between light and dark, appearance and reality
Some live forever in darkness, while others rise to clarity

7 comments:

  1. Tay! Good job on your sonnet! The form was a little off, like an extra couplet but I still enjoyed it. I liked the line "sights and sounds their only truth."

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Bay! and ahhhh I didn't even realize I did too many lines hahaha :(

      Delete
  2. Responding to your question on how I'll be preparing for the final, I will practice my vocabulary everyday till the final day and review my essays with other colleagues to improve them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice job on your sonnet! :) I love your rhyming scheme on your sonnet and the ending too!
    When are project positive group meetings held if there are any?
    http://rachelsheddaplitblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I invited you to read and comment "THINKING OUTSIDE THE BOX" on my blog.
    http://dannytbuuluu.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW! I thought this was really creative. Can I get your opinion on mine? http://www.snicholsrhsenglitcomp.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sorry this is late, but great sonnet Taylor! The words you used were great! The last two lines "The line between light and dark, appearance and reality
    Some live forever in darkness, while others rise to clarity" summed up everything perfectly! By the way, what are your strategies for studying for the final? Let me know! Also, I invite you to go over to my blog! :) http://lvalenzuelarhsenglitcomp.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete